car has no heat how do i fix

84hondarolln
0

Asked by 84hondarolln Oct 07, 2010 at 12:52 PM about the 1984 Honda Accord Base Hatchback

My car has no heat! What caould be the potential problems and what are some suggestions as to go about fixing it?

John Porter
95

yeah it might have something to do with your thermisate but yeah i don't really no what your problem is so if you could tell me more i might be able to help you a little bit more

papa

try replaceing your thermostat,then your heater control switch may be bad.

Adam Slaughter
405

thermostat or heater control valve/cable

papa

HAY ,that is exactly what I told him.

wildcactusjenny
10

I think papa has a point there.. Business Postcards Mailing Company

John Porter
95

it shouldn't be more than takeing off the old thermistate and replaceing it that is what should get done

papa

again done been told about the thermostat.

Michael Perfeito
165

lol!

Kyra Cafferty
95

Could also be a plugged heater core.... Cheaper to clean that than to replace stuff when you don't even know for sure it's broken :D

Braulio Sanchez
35

you might just have an air bubble in your coolant which goes through the heater core and causes the car to have no heat. I'd just do a flush and fill on your coolant. if you do it yourself it'll cost you like 20 bucks

papa

in 84 the colling system was not capaple of getting a air bulble,like in todays cars,different colling system,other,if heater core was cloged it would not do a complete cycle causeing it to overheat.Ill say the t-stat has been removed and the owner dont know it,put one in it,a 180 degree.

Sheafer1
10

I would look at the heater core for sure. One way you can tell if your heater core is going out is you will smell antifreeze.

papa

AND The windshield will fog up,so since that was not mentioned,not heater core.

Kyra Cafferty
95

Windshields fog up regardless, I'd check the heater core anyways.

Kage17
20

When i got my 84 accord my heat didnt work either. I just replaced the blower motor and it worked just fine. Look into that.

Samuel Nadeau
175

Ok well 1st you need to do the free stuff be4 listing too all thies ppl saying buy this and that. Bleed all the coolant out. Refill but make sure to keep the bleeder valve open until coolant starts coming out. To make sure you have no air in the system. Make sure you don't have a broke heater cable...should be able to see if on the fire wall when you pop the hood. Kinda need more info tho other than...I have no heat. Now is your car gettin t normal operating temp? Or is it just staying dead cold until you stop for a light or something? If so then yes it will be your thermostat...then it would be stuck open. And to the guy who says you CAN"T get air in a 3rd gen accord cooling set up is really wrong. If you would liek sme REAL help come over to our accord forum You will get much better info and help than this FB app. www.hondaaccordforum.com Look me up if you want some more help "g22cd5" is my name on the forums

papa

HAY DUDE who the hell do you think you are,and why you diging up old post.

Dzzlr36
0

He is obviously someone who gives a crap about giving someone correct information......and starting with ruling out the inexpensive basics first, then working your way through to the next appropriate step instead of jumping into the middle of the problem and grasping at straws....and you took offense to it because he pointed out the truth that any coolant system can get air trapped in it, no matter what year it was made, it's called physics.