Astro-Safari Power window hangs up

Edward_P
10

Asked by Edward_P Sep 09, 2012 at 06:38 PM about the 2000 Chevrolet Astro 3 Dr LT Passenger Van Extended

My drivers side window will drop down a few inches and hang up, the motor runs freewheeling, I then
push down on the window and it will go down another 8 to 10 inches and hang up again. When I try to
raise it I have to help it up by pulling it up by hand while pressing the switch and it will go up, I can feel
the "hitch" in it when it comes to the point where it hangs up on the way down. Is this a motor gear with a
bad tooth or in the regulator. Seems like a tooth is missing on a gear. Do I need a regulator or the motor?

22,985

Most likely the steel cables that guide the window down are frayed and sticking until you force it. Take off the door panel and find out what's goin on. I bet the window regulator will have to be replaced. Not too pricey and pretty simple.

22,985

Btw its usually sold as one piece 4-7 rivets drilled out and rivet the new one in