Rattling Noise in front

yankees42
0

Asked by yankees42 Apr 26, 2014 at 11:48 PM about the 2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT Quad Cab LB

I have a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4.7 165.00 Thousand miles. i heard a rattling noise in the front every time i go over a rough road so i look under and saw my upper driver side  ball joint was bad so i replaced all four. now i still hear the rattling noise can it be my shocks?

magnum350
305

its not your shocks, all dodge rams wear out in time. the best thing to do is go out abd buy a whole new front end. i replaced everything on my 97 dodge ram 2 weeks after i bought it. it sounded like it was gonna fall off any second. i replaced, upper and lower ball joints, idler arm, pitman arm, new rotors with new bearings and seals also rases, sway bar and bushings, shocks, hell you name it i replaced everything. the best way to do it is spend $1000.00 to redo the whole front end brand new. its well worth the money and its not that hard to DIY

chassy
10,325

you might not want to replace it all at once but usually while you're under there taking things apart you have things out to get at the ones you're replacing and if there's question about condition while you are looking at a removed part in your hand - then replace it too. No sense changing your tires without looking at break pads and no sense changing pads without inspecting rotors, etc.,etc..