HARD TO NO START

ROSCOERF
0

Asked by ROSCOERF May 05, 2013 at 03:42 AM about the 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT Quad Cab SB 4WD

I have an 05 Dodge Ram with a 5.7 hemi 145K miles starts hard but only with the gas pedal on the floor when started runs like there is a miss in the engine. NO fault codes I have changed the cam and crank sensor to no avail.

DavidH25

When you say 'hard to start' and 'foot on the floor' in the same sentence I think something....the car is designed to start without throttle. You should start it without touching the gas petal. The computer knows what to do to start it. Ignore this if that is what you do...sorry I just don't know if you do or not.

ROSCOERF
0

When the truck was starting correctly I never touch the gas pedal when tbe hard to start issue started its the only way I could get the engjne to start.

Bradley Shelledy
685

all routine maintainence is current. all filters are clean? Have you checked the fuel pump relay? air filter? ect?

Danny Hayes
345

Could be an Idle air control valve, a throttle position sensor, MAP sensor (manifold absolute pressure) I'll bet on the IAC.

Danny Hayes
345

By the way, an IAC won't give a code

jose3709
0

Ok guy. Here is the answer to the question. You have a bad injector or more then one. The injector have a leek and is why your truck won't start unless you press the gas. To find out you have to pull the rail with the 4 injectors. And put key to on position with out start the truck. And put a paper under neat the injectors to see with wet the paper. And it be that one.

jose3709
0

My truck was like that. And every body suggest all kind Of stuff. But nno one tough about the injectors. I only had one bad injector. Cost me less then 60 dollars at autozone.