i lost all gears in my 2001 lumina except reverse. ive been told there was a box on the side of the transmission is what the problem is. and its the silinoid inside the valve body. the transmission never slipped or had any leaks. it just started and wouldnt go into gear within 20 miles please help

renegade1992
0

Asked by renegade1992 Nov 21, 2012 at 05:55 PM about the 2001 Chevrolet Lumina 4 Dr STD Sedan

19,735

There is a good chance its a solenoid but you need a trained professional to run the diagnostics on it to pinpoint exactly what's wrong.

Mike Hare
65

sounds like selenoids to me as well with an electronic transmission in those style gm vehicles, is it only when the car is warm though? sometimes selenoids stop working once they are warm. other than that the odd time those transmissions are known to just go at random like that. have you ever gotten the automatic transmission fluid changed?