1997 chevy s10 overheating after replacing radiator

swaggo
0

Asked by swaggo Jul 31, 2013 at 11:14 PM about the 1997 Chevrolet S-10 2 Dr LS Extended Cab Stepside SB

I replaced the radiator but not the thermostat. after I replaced the radiator I was driving
The inpuT transmission fluid line that goes into the radiator popped Out on me and lost
transmission fluid and I replaced the lost fluid. Does this have anything to do with my
truck overheating? Please help thanks..

judge_roy

you should have put a new t-stat in..is one thing..."belching" the system by taking the rpm's up for a spell, then taking it back down to check the level to rid the air...some units actually include a valve for this~ there are two flexible connections to the radiator...frequently these get comprimized

judge_roy

found some "oil cooler" hoses...don't know if these will help you~---- http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/shop_parts/oil_cooler_hose/chevy/s1 0.html

judge_roy

Couple o 4 breeze clamps tightened sufficiently should do it~