My heater blower fan

demontoad117
195

Asked by demontoad117 Oct 23, 2012 at 07:03 PM about the 1991 Chevrolet S-10 STD Standard Cab SB

My heater blower fan stopped working the other day ive replaced it with a rebuilt 1 checked the switch its still
conected checked the fuse its still good but it still is not working anyone have any ideas or trouble shooting tips?

Trebor66
470

I have a 2000 model,and have replaced mine as well.Check that there is power to the fan with a test light .If there is then more than likely the rebuilt is at fault.When they go bad the bushings drag and it "sq-eels" before it stops completely If this was not what yous did then check the speed control resisters that are located in the duct work in front of the fire wall. hope this helps..

Best Answer
demontoad117
195

And what if there is no power what do i need to check then?

Trebor66
470

Check your fuse marked "HVAC" if its good go to the blower speed resisters assembly mounted to the evaporator housing.If you unplug the connector and place a jumper wire bypassing the resisters the blower will run .If not faulty. Also if fuse is good but no power to resisters .Check the speed control in the dash. I hope this helps.