Lots of U codes and cluster lights on

zero_cool_75
40

Asked by zero_cool_75 Nov 12, 2010 at 07:21 PM about the 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Base

I have a problem with cluster warning lights coming on. when all accessories are on i.e. wipers, headlamps, defrost, radio etc. and press on brakes to stop car, abs light, brake light, service light, theft light, airbag light all come on at the same time. while rolling all lights might shut of except for theft light and service light that always stay on(they shut off once ignition is turned off and started up again). changed battery and alternator a few days ago but problem has started over a month ago. checked codes in modules and got :
P1626 - theft deterent
C1245 - brake lamp circuit open (but all my brake lights work well)
U10?? - loss of communication with abs module
U1016 - loss of communication with PCM
U1064 - loss of communication with DIM
U1088 - loss of communication with SDM
Has anyone ever gottn these codes before? What parts need to be checked or replaced? Where can I start looking for a solution to this problem? aside from the warning lights coming on and the radio flickering on and off, everything works fine. Car has never stalled.
Thanks for the help.

Mike Bonnell
6,145

Your communicaton bus is getting shorted between modules ( CAN ) - I would try a few things Disconnect the radio - Clear codes and see if the U codes come back. If they do then disconnect the ABS controller and clear codes and see if the U codes come back. I think you will find it being one or the other My Bet is the ABS controller

church
10

I had the same thing happen. It was the neutral cable to battery tray ground that was corroded.. There is a bolt that clamps the neutral cable to the battery tray it is at the bottom of the battery. Once this was replaced the problem was solved.