what would cause no headlights or high beams have running lights and i can flash the highbeams

mgl540
10

Asked by mgl540 Oct 02, 2013 at 09:13 PM about the 2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty 4 Dr Lariat 4WD Crew Cab LB

i have a 2000 f350 i turn on the headlights they wont come on the high beams wont come on either  i can flash the hi beams by pulling back on the dimmer swtch i have marker lights what the heck is goin on anybody run across this before.??????

Goodwrench707
1,805

Check your fuses first. Dose you truck have daytime running lights(DRL)?

mgl540
10

fuses all check out an it does not have drl or auto headlight switch iam leaning towards the dimmer but not sure i dont want to throw parts at it

Goodwrench707
1,805

Power for low and high beams goes through the headlight and dimmer switch. Flash-to-pass, goes around the headlight switch, straight to the dimmer. It still can be either part. With the headlight switch in the "on" position, check for power at the Red w/yellow stripe wire at the headlight switch. If you have power there, it's a bad dimmer switch. If there is no power, then it's the headlight switch.

mgl540
10

thank you i will give it a shot

jcks
10

Hey, I have the same problem. I've replaced the dimmer switch and the head light switch. I have new bulbs, I've done the pigtail to the headlights but still doesn't work. I've checked all of my fusses as well. Can anyone help? Thank you!