03 cavalier died while driving and won't start cranks over but doesn't start

Cortney Jacob
10

Asked by Cortney Nov 28, 2013 at 11:14 AM about the 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Base Coupe

I was driving down the road and it just died
I pulled over tried to start it and it cranks
over but doesn't start.. its getting fuel its
not any fuses.. I've checked the obvious
things changed the crank sensor and that
didn't work... tried to pop the clutch and roll
it to start and won't start but started for like
30 seconds and died again I'm baffled

45,825

Have someone inspect your timing belt/chain. Might have broken or jumped time.

BULLRAM
130

It might be getting fuel but not enough...thats why it start for a bit the. Dies that also tells you its getting spark..have a fuel pressure check done..I bet there isnt any pressure it takes about 30 ---50 psi to run good

Cortney Jacob
10

Its running 50 psi... also it was sitting for like 4 hours before I tried to start it it started and died right away. .. not the timing checked that

califcarson
2,985

Have your computers checked. Is the firing of the injectors in time? When it starts for the 30 seconds, does it idle rough, have no power, or sound normal? You may even do something little like check fuel filters. If it gets fuel, and spark it may be a sensor out of whack causing something to change from the computers. Oh for the good old days.