my wipers sometimes stay on after the switch is turned off and will stay on until car is off for little bit. you can turn the speed up or down it just does not shut off until you shut car off

moog
0

Asked by moog Nov 23, 2012 at 12:06 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD

14,845

The switch is possibly bad, do you know how to test electrical components? There is a possibility its not the switch but I'm leaning towards it because the speed control still works on it. Metal contacts go bad and the resistance can cause a burnt spot of carbon that won't conduct electricity or it will cause the little strips of metal to fuse together. In your case the metal is fused together and won't shut off.

14,845

The reason it quits when the car is shut off is because when the electricity stops flowing and the fusion breaks allowing the switch to shut off. Need to test for this though.