My 04 Trailblazer is not running right

Hamie
15

Asked by Hamie Nov 02, 2013 at 12:40 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS

About a month ago it start missing/jumping(for lack of a better word) while going down
the road and sometimes while sitting still at red lights or n parking lot it would act like it
was going to die, then the check engine light came on and code read cylinder misfire, so
my husband changed 2 coils it seemed better for a few weeks but now it doing it again
just not as bad but it won't throw a code? Could it be more bad coils and if so why won't it
throw a code so we will know which one to change. I'm afraid it's not that at all and we r
at a lose, bc it's getting costly to keep changing parts, we've changed oil, spark plugs,
fuel filter, and 2 coils. HELP HELP HELP

Hamie
15

Ok so here's a update we ended up going and buying all new coil packs and well that was a waste of money cause it's missing.:( so now we r at a lost we have no idea what to try next. Anyone got an idea what to try next

greenbc
70

Our 04 trailblazer had the same symptoms as yours. The solution we found was pretty simple...clean out the throttle body. The throttle plate was dirty and needed a good cleaning. Here is a link to a post with photos to help get the job done. There are also videos on youtube as well. http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic941046.htm P.S. Don't forget to reset your computer by disconnecting your negative battery cable for about half an hour so the computer will not try to run the engine as if the throttle body is still dirty. Hope this helps, Marc