my 1999 mercedes c280 wont shift from ist gear

malik1980
0

Asked by malik1980 May 27, 2013 at 10:05 PM about the 1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class 4 Dr C280 Sedan

judge_roy

I'd suspect a weak engine and/or transmission mount, if this vehicle has seen tough service....the linkage probably has an adjustment rod turnbuckle or such to adjust the engagement point~look for this...maybe you can coax it to behave itself...check the fluid level and color while you're at it.~

Lorne Grandison
1,315

Transmission is in limp home mode. The transmission is computer controlled, you'll need to get the codes read to point you in the right direction

lynnbrown
40

I am having the same issue with the same car..my mechanic says the codes indicate replacement of the turbine speed sensor...I am having an issue locating this part using my normal parts sources...just wondering if you got the same results!

judge_roy

How do we get it out of "limp mode" disconnecting the negative cable for 15 seconds is what comes to mind....one of us should look this up...

lynnbrown
40

Thank uuu judge Roy..I will try it and see what happens...stay tuned!!! thanks..:):):)