door locks, open same time with transmitter. ONE PRESS. NOT 2

richrich
5

Asked by richrich Oct 14, 2010 at 12:44 PM about the 2004 Chevrolet Colorado 4 Dr Z71 LS Crew Cab SB

I have asked 4 dealers, if they could program my 2004 col, to OPEN all doors with 1 press of
transmitter, they said NO WAY. so I got a book on 2004 col. only. there i studied the wiring, and
after adding a 100 ohm resistor, both my front doors open with (1) press. and i love it this way.
  this is a simple taks. if you know any electronices. and can solder.

Stephen Sheppard
75

Now if you could get the horn the sound when locking the doors I'd be interested in that. Also been told by the dealer that they can not do that. I hate key fob button you have to look at the lights to make sure the locks work. What would it cost for GM to have added this feature? Cheapo's!

richrich
5

stephen: in your owner manual it tells how to set up 4 differant systems, with your FOB. i use the one that will NOT lock my doors, IF the key in in the stearing column. and i DON`t want the horn to churp. ck it out

Stephen Sheppard
75

Thanks, I made my dealership do this so I could rub in there face. They told me that it could not be done until I showed them the directions to program it.