Water leak?

Kanz
50

Asked by Kanz Jul 04, 2013 at 11:59 AM about the 2004 Toyota Sienna 4 Dr XLE Passenger Van

I have Toyota Sienna, the other day I noticed "water" dripping from under the glove box on the passenger side.  Since we were just leaving the public pool I thought nothing of it.  Now, there's a terrible stench in the car.  Went looking around and found both front floor mats completely saturated and this is where the smell is coming from.  What could be causing this???

71,455

Does it smell like anti-freeze? If so possibly heater core issues. If not possibly a/c drain stopped up.

Kanz
50

No, doesn't really have an anti-freeze smell. Will check out a/c access panel now. Thanks!

71,455

This info is for an 05 but may also apply to yours.----You can get to the front drainage hose easy. In the passenger side front area by the floor there is a trim piece (approx 12" X 8") that has to be removed (1 plastic screw 1/4 turn and the screw pops out) This trim piece is by your left foot if you are sitting in the passenger seat(center console) After this piece is removed the drainage hose is right there. Goes from the bottom of the blower box to the firewall. Pull the hose out of the grommet (going through the firewall) Have some "SHAMWOWS" ready (or a container for the water) You will have to "blow" some air into the tube to dislodge the debris that "maybe" in the bottom of the box and let the force of the water to flush it out. mmm a "turkey baster" may work??(never tryed) if you do not have compressed air available.

You think this is helpful.
Kanz
50

Just tried this using an air compressor, nothing...I see a drip coming from a small box. Took the panel off the driver's side also and I can see "water" pouring out of the middle and the smell is awful!! Also like sour milk or rotted meat.

71,455

Might have an un invited guest that has went to his final resting place in your dash.. Sure hope not tho.

27,145

Yup, your A/C drain is plugged. You'll have to access it from under the vehicle. On the passenger's side near the firewall. Try using a wire coat hanger to clear it. HTH. -Jim

Kanz
50

Got it! Used a screw driver & pushed it into the connection into the box. Uninvited HUGE spider & web. Thanks all! a/c working better than ever, no more leaks! Now...to get the stench out! I'll leave that up to the wife! :) Have a happy & safe 4th!

71,455

Glad you got it fixed.

27,145

Awesome!! Glad you got it fixed!! -Jim

TOMSPARROWSPOINT
0

Had same problem but had spider & small web in drain hose; blew out with my compressor. Note, as said above, have a large towel ready when you pull line off, about a half pint or more of water will shoot out .