thoughts on 2005 chevy impala LS

emba1996
0

Asked by emba1996 Feb 18, 2013 at 06:27 PM about the 2005 Chevrolet Impala LS

judge_roy

Fine road car. Dependability remains to be seen. Sometimes we get ahead of ourselves and outsmart to where a hillbilly like me is easily lost. A car need to be simple and this one does not overwhelm you with displays and menus, hopefully.

68,805

Like Bob said, bang for buck but uninspiring.

Ilregal

Great car and better engine, the cars usefulness depends on what you are intending it for. Family, commuting, sport and mods, the Impala is good for all and at about 16 mpg city and 27 highway. Very safe, the engine is one of the best ever made by GM along with transmission. The LS is the higher end model. A lot depends on the current mileage of course and how it has been maintained, but if it's 80K miles or so and the price is right then great. Overall I would buy Chevy Impala as I am a Buick Regal GS guy and this car is very similar as a wide body car engine and trans is the same as the older 98 -2004 Buicks. I don't believe but not 100% positive but I don't believe much changed in one year.

Jason Zane
2,925

good car, if the engine and transmission look / feel well cared for. wheel bearings must not whine at 50 + mph. do all the visual & drive checks and it could be a good ride.

GMCustomerService
1,375

emba1996, Chevy Impala is an excellent choice that you would enjoy. Impala gives you plenty of passenger and cargo space, style, and comfort. It also offers awesome fuel economy. When considering purchasing a car, you should have the car inspected by a certified mechanic and test drive the vehicle. Be sure to visit the GM Certified Pre-Owned link http://goo.gl/mEIAf for Impala. Good luck and enjoy car-shopping! Vanessa GM Customer Service

Joe Bartlett
265

great vehicle ,i had a 08 and 09 impala vert good on gas ,very roomy