why did my sequioa start automaticly

rudycoco
0

Asked by rudycoco Dec 11, 2007 at 11:17 PM about the 2003 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD

why did my sequoia start by it self

papa

if you have remote start on it you probleyhit the remote start by acident and not realized it.this dose happen.

26,285

This sounds like the best answer. There's no other way for this to happen that I know of.

rlbarker
20

I have a 2004 Sequoia that is in the shop right now with a reoccurring problem. The vehicle will try to slightly turn over with no key in it. I don't even have remote start! They have racked their brains and finally after a starter and other things, they now say it is the "Neutral safety switch", Can any body help me out?

Jacob Fraser
765

i really cant see it being a neutral safety switch, which is basically a switch so that you can't start your engine with out it being in neutral or park, unless its a stick, then its on the clutch pedal. sounds to me like its a wiring problem in the dash, something to do with the ignition

Adam Morgan
4,205

I'm notvery great with electrical, but I'll try and give you a hand here. The neutral safety switch connects to ground when the car is in neutral, that causing a car to start itself makes no sense. Generally the starter relay or solenoid is on the high side, so the starter shouldn't be the issue as the relay would have to short for it to do anything, even if an internal coil ground to the casing. If it's just turning over, but not running at all, my guess would be the starter relay(solenoid) or the ignition switch, the relay should be bench tested to verify it's working properly and then go from there. At least, that's how I'd go about trying to solve the problem, but as I said I'm not that great with electrical.

youngph
0

I am having the same problem with my 04 Sequoia. They are telling me it is the starter or the ECU. Did this problem ever get a good fix ?

rlbarker
20

After replacing the neutral safety switch the car was doing fine until a few days ago. It started acting up again and when I took it in they said they found a leak near the drivers side area that caused the ECU and fuse block to have problems. This may be from a leak in the windshield after it was replaced over a year ago.This sounds like it could be the problem.I hope so! Any thoughts?