my altenater went out in my toyota pickup. i replaced it and it lasted 2 days and now i only get 9 volts coming out of it. i have been having problems with the lights,turn signals, and heater causing the volt meter to drop drastically if i use them. what should i check?

AG Hope
5

Asked by AG Feb 21, 2013 at 04:10 PM about the 1994 Toyota Pickup 2 Dr DX Extended Cab SB

checked all wires and relays. they're all good.

Anthony Smit
185

Battery could be bad.

68,215

I'm sure it's a bad alternator. Is it a rebuilt alternator from a local auto parts store? If so, take it back and get another, these have been known to go bad, some right out of the box. Maybe buy a new alt if you plan on keeping the truck.