where can i find a carburetor for my '90 2.4l standard toyota pickup

dweeba
0

Asked by dweeba Mar 10, 2013 at 11:52 AM about the 1990 Toyota Pickup 2 Dr STD Standard Cab SB

slc, utah. my 'taliban toyota' won't pass emissions, and have been told by 3 independent mechanics that carburetor is the source of the problem. price qoute on rockauto web is $410.00. Is this going to be the most reasonable option? (I inherited my truck and have no capability/knowledge in this area).

judge_roy

car-part.com probably has several throught the US, but if you want it done properly, clear off your kitchen table, get some recloseable ziplock bags and post-it notes. With your rebuilding kit, label each piece as it comes off the carb, put it in the ziplock bag with the number off the instruction sheet, and rebuild your carb yourself. No more monkeyin' around. At least you'll know there is all fresh seals and rubber- give me a sec to put a paw on a source-

judge_roy

http://compare.ebay.com/like/271068048994?var=lv<yp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

judge_roy

http://www.carburetorfactory.com/kits.php?k=15827A

18,325

I'd strongly recommend having the carburetor you already have rebuilt. By replacing the carburetor with a rebuilt unit God only knows what you'll be getting. Each carburetor has a model number & is specific for the year, make, model, & emissions requirements of a specific vehicle. As time goes by similar OEM model numbers are lumped together as one listing in aftermarket parts cataloging. I ran into this with my 1970 Pontiac. It would NOT run correctly without Rochester model number 7040060 carburetor on it. My model number breaks down as follows: 704=Pontiac, 0=1970, 060=Non-altitude, federal emissions, automatic transmission. Do some research & you'll find out your model number is vehicle specific as well. Your truck might not be as fussy as my Pontiac was but it will certainly run much better with the exact correct carburetor on it. HTH. -Jim

51,765

Rockauto shows three repair kits for under $20. Buy on and a spray can of carb cleaner and have at it. Carburetors are not hard or mysterious. Carefully remove anything that screws in - count and write down how many turns it took so you would be in the ball park when put back together. Clean out all the passages and install new jets. --- If any of those mechanics are over fifty years old, they know how to do it. Go to the local American Legion and half of the guys sitting at the bar would know how to rebuild a carb.

Best Answer
dweeba
0

ON IT!! ...and maybe they have those...things..those -- TOOLS. yeah! that's the ticket !! thank you ! - Dweeb

judge_roy

Hitachi DCH-30 is a piece of cake to rebuild!