Corolla Cranks but won't start

bayoukid
30

Asked by bayoukid Dec 30, 2010 at 09:22 PM about the 1995 Toyota Corolla DX

I have a corolla that will crank over but won't fire up ( start). I've replaced the spark plugs w/(ngk), wires (std), cap & rotor. I get fuel, spark, and sometimes it sound as if it wants to catch (briefly) and start but doesn't. I want to  suggest the crank positioning sensor, but am not sure if I would be getting spark if it was bad. Any suggestions would be appreciated sooner better cant miss too much work. Thanks In advance.

sknutson
35

Does it have an alternator?

bayoukid
30

Yes , and I have checked that also . i'm leaning toawards one of the three: tps-throttle pos. sens. cps- crank pos sens. cts- coolant temp sens. not sure yet but will run ohm test this weekend and will post.