is it true that hankook tires are too "hard: treaded for celicas?

obamalim
0

Asked by obamalim Mar 07, 2013 at 11:18 PM about the 2005 Toyota Celica GT

just been told by america tires sales that i should get tires that are "softer"
so can anyone suggest what particular brands and models in the below
$90 per tire is best? thanks!

EdS2K
375

It's not so much the brand of tire as the type of tire. I'm sure Hankook makes some pretty soft compound tires that will work great on your Celica. What you need to remember is that the softer compound tires are not going to last as long as harder compound tires. Take a look at www.tirerack.com You will learn a ton about tires and will be armed with more knowledge when you go to your local tire store. 30 minutes of reading the info on their website will be worth your time.

Best Answer
Racer_X
11,855

Copy and paste this entire link from Tire Rack.com for tire types/prices for your car...prices range from $53 to above $94 per tire...I would strongly recommend NOT going with the really low $50 tires (You get what your pay for....tires are a VERY important investment): http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp? tireIndex=0&autoMake=Toyota&autoYear=2005&autoModel=Celica +GT&autoModClar=&width=195/&ratio=60&diameter=15&sortCode =38000&skipOver=true&minSpeedRating=S&minLoadRating=S&t ab=All

Racer_X
11,855

Also, are you REALLY that surprised that a place called America Tire Sales would steer you AWAY from a tire made by an Asian company? Hell...they probably only stock Goodyear and BF Goodrich...LMAO!

obamalim
0

thanks guys on cargurus, very informative answers for a newbie on this auto chatline. obamalim

Racer_X
11,855

So..Obamalim..what brand and type of tire did you end up buying?? Did you get a good price??

obamalim
0

kept my two "wavy" tires till I have enough money but now my original tire of the auctioned toyota celica i bought is punctured so wonder if you can tell me what tire is the "highest" as I hate this car that is TOO LOW!