My 2000 Toyota Celica gts does not start up. The night before it was working fine... The gas was extremely low. So the following morning it does start. It makes a click when the key is turned in the ignition but it won't start up. The lights and radio turn on and we tried jumping it and filling it with gas with no results. what could be theproblem? And the oil and everything is fine too and the battery was cheated but no results a well

ndrwkmr
0

Asked by ndrwkmr Mar 26, 2013 at 09:33 PM about the 2000 Toyota Celica GTS Hatchback

Racer_X
16,145

You said the gas was extremely low (try to avoid this at ALL times)...The sediment from the gas goes to the bottom of the gas tank and no doubt clogged up the fuel filter, which may now need to be cleaned.

ndrwkmr
0

Okay. Is that a simple process to clean?

62,775

It should have started with the booster cables - at least spun the engine. The clicking with the key on usually is low volts in the battery. Try charging the battery and cleaning the terminals. You should be hearing the fuel pump run and see pressure on the fuel rail.