Discharge warning light came on for a minute & then turned off.. I had the battery & alternator checked. All good they said. Next day, light stayed on. Wouldn't start. All the warning lights, buzzards come on, but it wont turn over. No click or nothing. Tried jump starting it, nothing. Any ideas??

Tee63
0

Asked by Tee63 Mar 19, 2013 at 12:20 PM about the 1993 Toyota Celica ST Coupe

56,955

What is the voltage in the battery? Are the terminals clean and tight? I would say that your battery needs replacing.

Tee63
0

So, I was told battery terminals are clean. They checked them & they r on their tight. Not sure of the voltage.

judge_roy

take a look at the chipped away date on the sticker, the ability for a battery to keep it's charge degrades 10% per year, according to one expert.

judge_roy

they are made from antimony now. NO more lead! hooray for Engineering!

judge_roy

test the voltage. Should be reading 13.5 volts all day long....now a load test, to see how much dead short it can take, can be destructive, but is important to see if it can go the whole nine yards....something like this...best let sleepin' dogs lie, after all you aren't trying to start a high-compression jet-engine, no it's an easy to turn 4-banger! probably could run just the same with a dead battery in my experience!....yah, in Wisconsin...even healthy batteries go dead at -17 degrees, a friend will push start you and you'll scoop 'em up later....yah-