Chevy Stalling

chevycav05
15

Asked by chevycav05 Jun 07, 2011 at 10:55 PM about the 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport Coupe

I hava 2005 automatic chevy cavalier. It gets hot and cuts off at stops and in bumper to bumper traffic but starts right back up. Engine surges. Drives alot rougher than it used to. Very loud. Doesn't pick up as well as it used to. It's been going on for about a year now. I've taken it to 2 dealerships and 3 shops. It's been looked at for about 3 months total and no one can tell me anything. No codes, no certain ideas about whats wrong. Had the ECU replaced 4 times. Had the crank shaft replaced.Had someone check the TPS and that's reading fine. I'm being told by one mechanic it's some kind of valve overheating the ECU, I've also been told this is a BS story. When the ECU was replaced it ran great for about 1-2 days then would start cutting off again. It cuts off when stopped, in park, right when I go to accelerate. I don't know anything about cars and after putting over $700 into this problem I'm just getting frustrated with it. Tried to trade it in but can't afford it. I need some help..

purplelily
15

Timing?

chevycav05
15

i'm being told it's the tcc solenoid valve now. but it costs like $900 to fix. not a big chance im willing to take.

Jocelyngirl
10

check the flue pump i had the same thing happened to my grandmothers car

Tom Torres
1,425

sticking tcc solenoid

chevycav05
15

okay i finally got my car fixed. after 2 chevy dealerships, a phone call to GMC, 4 local garages, and about $1000... it was my idle. it was set too low. cost me NOTHING to fix just about a hour of my time at autozone. those guys obviously know there stuff. thanks for the help