I have 1999 Toyota Camry LE. There is a crack in its engine. What's the best price I can get, If I sell it?

duashveta
0

Asked by duashveta Feb 02, 2013 at 04:06 PM about the 1999 Toyota Camry LE

Racer_X
15,855

Interesting question...No way a car dealer or MOST private party buyers would consider it (unless they want to salvage it for parts). Local chop shop probably would give you the most for it....But then, you'd have to have connections to some pretty shady individuals...LOL! But seriously, I'd check out a Toyota Camry enthusiasts forum, like this one and ask your question there: http://www.camryforums.com/

60,965

The scrapyards in my area pay $300.

Racer_X
15,855

..and those scrapyards probably make a helluva lot more in selling off the car's parts piece by piece too!

duashveta
0

Thanks for your answers. I had a word with my dealer he said he would tear engine apart and diagonse the problem in which labor charges will cost me same as the kbb value for the car. Second option he gave me to to get new engine and that too will cost me high. I am afraid to spend this much amount on the car. Any suggestions....should I go for engine change or sell the car on whatever amount I can get

Racer_X
15,855

duashveta...You should, in my opinion, just cut your losses and not go with EITHER suggestion from the Dealer. The Toyota Dealer will charge you a King's ransom to tear the engine apart ...The labor costs to do this will be high as you mentioned. New Engine + Installation of the Engine will cost more....BUT you do have a 1999, so perhaps you could get a rebuilt engine for less money? If it were me, I'd just sell the car off to a scrapyards or see what suggestions you get from a Toyota Camry forum, like the one I listed above. I personally am NOT a fan of the Camry, but THOSE folks in car specific forums eat, drink, and breathe whatever make & model of car the forum is designed for! PLUS, there are usually mechanics and other techie types who frequent them. Good Luck!!