How to remove driver dash panel under the steering wheel

ctbeacher
0

Asked by ctbeacher Apr 21, 2009 at 01:10 PM about the 1999 Toyota Camry LE

My son bought a 99 Camry that has an aftermarket alarm/auto start unit that was mounted above the driver side lower dash panel (the one with the hood release in it).  The alarm unit works intermittantly, so I suspect that a wire is loose.  My question is, how do I remove the lower dash panel?  I think I have the screws out, but I reluctant to start prying until I know the location of any hidden fasteners.

Many thanks!

Ian Ruiz
5

the dash is similar to the door panels, they have screws but also have some clips as well, which are a pain to unhitch and i 2 am unsure where they are. i also have '99 Camry & have a issue with the some of the lighting of my dash board where the speedometer is, and my alarm is one that has to be unlocked wen you are really close to the car.....with that alarm that he has, the cut-off switch may act up if the alarm is not wired correctly, cause the car to lock up the ignition from time to time. also be careful with the windows, cause if u lean on them too much the motors located in the door to bring it up & down may not work, had to replace 2 of them, now on my 3rd one...