My battery went dead and now the alarm has frozen the car so I can not start it. what do i do?

annieg1221
0

Asked by annieg1221 May 01, 2007 at 02:11 PM about the 1997 Toyota Camry LE V6

My grandson put the key in the ignition and somehow got the alarm to freeze the car so it will not start even with a jump, how do I bypass the alarm to get it to start? Pressing the alarm button before starting does not work.

LouB
11,580

Hi annieg! You will need the dealer to get involved to reset your anti theft system. Have your registration (or your VIN# in some other form) in hand and give your local Toyota Service Manager on the phone. He'll tell you what's involved in resetting the system. Good luck!