2005 Blazer thermostat location

Kasey1972
25

Asked by Kasey1972 Aug 25, 2010 at 04:43 PM about the 2005 Chevrolet Blazer 2 Dr LS 4WD SUV

Hi there...I am wondering where the thermostat is located on the 2005. I know its gotta be where the hose from the rad meets the engine...but unsure if its location. Also...will I need to remove anything that may make the job easier?
Another question is, I am sure I will have to drain some of the coolant from the rad for this...can the coolant be watered down enough to dispose of down the sink?

Thanks

Kasey1972
25

Here is a photo of the engine...with indicators as to where ( I think ) the thermostat is located. If someone can tell me if this is it or where in this photo it is located...It would be greatly appreciated. ps: The down arrow is my guess as to where it is located. I followed the upper rad hose to this section of the engine and it has 2 nuts/bolts holding it on. The other arrow is just indicating the upper hose in which i followed to this location Thanks again!