2006 chevy cobalt won't start, clicking nosies, lights are array, changed the starter thing it was that what could it possibly be a bad fuse?

nutsandbolts
0

Asked by nutsandbolts Oct 12, 2012 at 03:39 AM about the 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT

John Leone
5,835

clicking is usually a battery issue, dieing, low voltage will send any/all sensors crazy. anyone can jump start the car using jumper cables? red to red, black to black?

John Patrick Bailey
125

yep clicking is defiantly battery issue check your battery cables make sure they are tight and the cable its self is not corroded

Dason27
195

I have a 07 cobalt and I had the same problem it was the battery. I took the old battery to autozone and they checked it for free. When I took the battery out from the trunk it look like it was ready to blowup the sides from battery was sticking out.Good luck

John Leone
5,835

if the battery swells, it is way too hot...disconnect it, and let it sit, it will burn you, if it is cool to the touch, then remove it carefully, if you smell a rotten egg smell, it is methane gas from the battery, again disconnect only the positive, and let it sit...when reinstalling the new one, there should be a small hose to hook up, it is the breather/vent for the battery make sure it is in place on top....

the_mechanic
20

Not all true its not the battery ive replaced battery and starter ran new cables and replaced all fuses and solenoids on my 2005 cobalt and im still not sure what it could be but it is not getting power to the starter and its not making any sense

the_mechanic
20

I can spin the starter from the starter with a power probe but not from the key nor fuse box i should be able to