Idiot Lights

pdennler
10

Asked by pdennler Sep 01, 2009 at 03:22 PM about the 1990 Subaru Legacy 4 Dr L Wagon

Battery symbol, AT Oil lamp, Stop Lamp, and Brake light flash on and off periodically while driving. All fluids are checked and full and there does not seem to be any apparent problem. Wondering if it indicates problems or just lights being idiots...

Adam Morgan
3,635

Do they all come on at the same time for only a few seconds? If so it sounds like it might be running the dash test, like when you turn the car on (Turn your key to run from the off position and see if the dash does what your describing)... Could be indicative of a loose ground,loose battery cable, or faulty ignition switch.

pdennler
10

Thanks for your response. Yes they do come on all at once. They don't stay on permanently, they sort of flash on and off or varying lengths of time. They seem sometimes to respond to the accelerator but I can't be sure if that is real...

Adam Morgan
3,635

Sounds like a loose wire or a faulty ignition switch, good luck finding the problem... I'd start with cable going to and from the battery.

pdennler
10

Thanks, I will give it a try...