Swapped 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GT engine into 2002 and it wont turn over.

Tony English
0

Asked by Tony Jun 09, 2012 at 01:03 PM about the 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

I crashed my 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GT and
purchased a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT with a
bad engine. I swapped the motors and now I
can't get it to turn over. Someone help!

68,305

Isn't as simple as asking us the question and we'll have a definitive answer. Your going to need to check all of your electrical connections and grounds. You might have missed something in the swap. So your saying it cranks but doesn't turn over or you got nothing?

Paul Whitlock
745

Tom is right! I would certainly check all battery and possible starter problems -- I'm assuming if you were able to swap motors you are checking that stuff over again. Also you need to know if the motor moves at all. Can you turn the motor by hand? Meaning-- can you put a socket on the crank bolt and spin the motor? If not then you have a mechanical and not electrical issue. One common mistake (which I have done!) is not to get the torque Convertor pressed completely in and it binds up the flexplate so your starter cant turn the motor -- so post some more details and we ll see if we can help!!

Daniel Perron
1,675

could be almost anything, you say you crashed the car the engine came out of, so it could be an endless list of things. dis the engine get damaged in the wreck, electrical problem, torque converter binding m, bad starter, no ground strap, just to mention a few