car won't start

Momwhohelps
0

Asked by Momwhohelps Mar 25, 2013 at 04:56 PM about the 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix 2 Dr GT Coupe

My son has a 1998 Grand Prix. It will crank and crank but won't turn over. The only code the computer throws out is the #3 plug. All plug wires and plugs have been changed. It was starting if the air idle control was unplugged and then plugged back after starting. That doesn't work anymore. The ignition coil was changed today. Won't start. The starter is fine, the fuel pump is fine. A new fuel filter was put on. It did this once before and the shop said it was flooded. Any ideas on what to do next. Runs great when it starts.

67,955

You got something going on that I can guess all day and it probably won't help you. But, I'd check the battery cable connections and or grounds, look at the fuel pump again, is it when you turn the key? If all check out, it's back to the shop where they have all the diagnositic equipment to get you back on the road sooner than later.

Brandon Hammond
125

if its kicking out the codes for plug three. make sure the spacing is right for the spark plugs. they might not be bad might just be slightly out of place. and its cheap to get fix or do it yourself