Hi--I just got my alternator changed today on my 2002 Mitsubishi Montero Sport LS AWD, the D (drive) indicator does not light up when I shift to the drive position? All the rest do light up (R, N, 3, 2 & L)??? Also, ever since I bought the car I have not been able to use the horn, I noticed the horn fuse was missing, but when I put the fuse in, the horn beeps continuously??? Any suggestions are appreciated, God bless! Tony

tonyg2010
0

Asked by tonyg2010 Apr 22, 2013 at 06:45 PM about the 2002 Mitsubishi Montero Sport LS 4WD

Hi--I just got my alternator changed today on my 2002 Mitsubishi Montero Sport LS
AWD, the D (drive) indicator does not light up when I shift to the drive position?  All the
rest do light up (R, N, 3, 2 & L)???                                                                                            
Also, ever since I bought the car I have not been able to use the horn, I noticed the
horn fuse was missing, but when I put the fuse in, the horn beeps continuously???  
Any suggestions are appreciated, God bless!  Tony

68,765

That's why someone took the fuse out before you bought it. Sounds like a short in the horn circuit or problem with the switch. Not sure on the indicator not lighting up.

14,245

The horn switch is probably bad making it come on all the time. as for the indicator the bulb in there is most likely blown out I dont know if it is serviceable or not to be honest.

judge_roy

Here's a cartoon of a horn relay, right next to your master cylinder, you could pull it and give it a sniff~

judge_roy

trackin' down yer bulb---available data permitting~

judge_roy

sylvania automotive---just need a where's it at exactly spec. at this point~

7jimmy7
9,685

pull cluster,one small bulb out,new alt did it in, horn touching ground in steering wheel, ,watch the airbag if fixing, may go poosh

judge_roy

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_lon g-life-incandescent-mini-bulb-sylvania_25984880-p? navigationPath=L1*14920%7CL2*15004#>>>>pretty confident this is your bulb~