'05 Grnd Marq front a/c vents stopped blowing a month ago. Now top a/c vents stopped too. Is it the blower motor??

gtls
0

Asked by gtls May 22, 2013 at 03:10 PM about the 2005 Mercury Grand Marquis GS

2005 Mercury Grand Marquis with 137,000 miles.  A month ago the front a/c vents
stopped blowing any air.  Then a week ago, the top a/c vents did the same.  When I put
my hand up against the vents I can feel cold air but nothing is coming out of any a/c
vent.  Is the blower motor bad?  If not, what would you expect to be the cause?  The a/c
has always worked fine until this.  Thanks for any help you are able to give me.

15,355

I dont know how you can feel cold air at the vent and nothing be coming out of it? when you switch the blower fan to the on position do you hear it running?

gtls
0

no.

15,355

Try it on high see if it runs. If it does then you have a bad resistor. If not check power and ground to the blower motor its most likely bad if it doesnt run in any position.

makris0000
145

If you keep napkins or anything that can sucked up in your glove box, the blower could have sucked them up and they can be blocking the blower preventing air from blowing out of the air vents. (this happened to me which is why I do not leave napkins in my glovebox anymore)