Cruis control

Edward Snow
5

Asked by Edward Feb 24, 2013 at 05:30 AM about the 2001 Mercury Grand Marquis LS

Checked servo, linkage, fuses and relays all are good. But on the buttons on steering wheel looks like pop was
spilled on them. Could they be fried? And how do I replace them?

49,595

You could try flushing them with warm water. They should just be contacts so there's not anything that would fry. It would just make them sticky.

15,855

I'd suggest replacing the switch but BE CAREFUL!! If your steering wheel is the same as my '08 Grand Marquis the drivers air bag is the center pad of the steering wheel and may have to ne removed to access the switch. If this is the case you MUST disable the air bag system before working on the steering wheel! Disconnect the negative (-) battery cable and wait FIVE MINUTES before beginning the job. The air bag system has a reserve power supply in case the battery becomes damaged or disconnected in a collision the air bags will still deploy. HTH. -Jim

Best Answer