car wont start

b2bw74
0

Asked by b2bw74 Mar 31, 2012 at 06:22 PM about the 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS

my car cranks and cranks and wont start, plugged in my scanner and it does not power on, it works on all my other
cars so i know its not the scanner. had it towed to shop they said to replace computer so i did and still no power to the
scanner or computer. i checked all fuses and wiring and everything seemed ok, disconnected battery over night and
still nothing. everything else works, lights, controls etc, but still just cranks and cranks and still wont start or power up
the computer or my scanner. please help

Julian Vorgic
125

check the ECM relay. also, unplug the ECM and check for good power and good ground. its posible you have a broken ground/power wire. i worked on a '94 merc sable, it had a bad power wire going to the ECM.

spaceshoes29
10

umm have you tried checking your fuel pump because I had ran into that same problem and my fuel pump had went out.

Julian Vorgic
125

but, if the ECM dont get power, you wont hear the fuel pump. the ECM controls the pump operation. not having communication with the ECM says alot about where to look.