My 1995 mercury grand marquis has a short somewhere and I need to find out how to trouble shoot the problem it's draining the battery and I am having to disconnect the battery when I'm not using it

SamB67
0

Asked by SamB67 Feb 03, 2014 at 05:02 PM about the 1995 Mercury Grand Marquis 4 Dr LS Sedan

To add to that problem I also have no
use of my wipers but I can spray the
fluid to clean the windshield any
advice ? Also I have a problem when
I press on the break I can use the
blinker and heat/AC but when I press
on the gas I lose both

chicho10953
5

with the car off disconnect the negative terminal and put a 12v tester from batt to neg cable and see how bright it is make shore switch Is off and door are close that there is no corrent is taking , disconnect fuse one by one till you see the light dims,if it dims and go off either fuse that's the short there, or check brake light if it stays on