2002 Lincoln TC A/C blower just quit

jimcip11
65

Asked by jimcip11 Jul 07, 2013 at 10:23 AM about the 2002 Lincoln Town Car Executive

Was using my A/C and all of a sudden the blower just  stopped. I check the fuse
and is good. Anyone ever have this problem?

9,045

Sure! Two things come to mind: The blower motor may have failed and/or the switch may have overheated and failed. I've seen quite a few blower motors that work but draw a lot of amperage through the switch and melt it at the terminals. The blower motor only has 2 wires to it - use a test light to see if there's power and if there is - change out the blower motor ( you may need to purchase a fan (squirrel cage) as well. They're tough to get off in one piece sometimes.

Best Answer
jimcip11
65

Thanks 1,235, I will try to locate the blower motor and try.

DavidH25

For what it's worth...may be helpful. click on it

Rafaceb
70

if the blower motor is good check the resistor

9,045

In this particular car, if the resistor block has failed, it will operate in high speed only. High bypasses the resistor block and a bad motor will burn out the switch if used on High all the time.

jimcip11
65

Just want to thank Tracy, DavidH25, and Rafaceb for helping out with answers!!! Its guys like you that make this site so awesome!! I,m getting power to the blower motor(through one side of motor plug) so i'm going to run a line direct from battery to blower to see if it will work. Hope this is the problen rather than resister, motor easier to get to

Dan_27
10

2002 Lincoln Town Car : Blower motor stopped working but would still operate every once in a while and blower motor would not operate at any setting on Fan Setting Speed, if Blower Motor Resistor was bad I would still have the High Speed setting on the fan control but I had nothing at all, I found the problem at the wiring connection to the Blower Resistor it had lost its ground connection I wiggled the connection and it works now, later I will disconnect it and clean it good and that should take care of that problem.......