Is replacing the leaking rubber hoses on my Lincoln Town car a costly fix?

kisskiss
25

Asked by kisskiss Aug 23, 2013 at 11:48 PM about the 1993 Lincoln Town Car Executive

I will have to hire a mechanic to come to the house as the brakes are to the floor now, cannot drive it without risk to all. Can you estimate the pricing on the hoses to be installed? The car is a one owner vehicle, in beautiful condition. Don't want to get rid of it, this is the worst problem I've had, maintenance is very important.
Thank you

58,575

Advance auto parts has your hoses for $12-$16 a piece. Very easy to replace. Will just have to bleed brakes system after you replace them. But that not hard either.

Best Answer
10,395

I'm curious: How did the hose fail? What condition are the other brake hoses and lines in? I've rarely seen a brake hose failure but then, I'm in California and we don't salt roads or have very much severe weather.

kisskiss
25

Hi, have no idea i'm a female, never had to replace them before. I did't even lnow where they were located until I received an answer from one of the experts. This is a great site! Thanks experts