i own a 1997 lincoln mark 8 lsc. Everytime i turn the car off it starts smoking like crazy inside the engine compartment but my heat gauge wont go up..

Christian Beaudry-Dumont
175

Asked by Christian Jul 04, 2012 at 10:44 AM about the 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII 2 Dr LSC Coupe

i know its not a over heating problem but i do have a very small oil leak and a exhaust leak from near my manifold. i just want to know what it would be?

Muhammad Zaid
1,145

i could be the exhaust smoke because when u turn of the car the exhaust smoke inside the exhaust system blows out very slowly is running condition it is being pushed out by the exhaust coming from the cylinders ! but if u see fumes as well that could be the leaking oil burning !

Christian Beaudry-Dumont
175

yeah because i am having a small oil leak on the oil pan which is near the exhaust itself so i am hoping if i seal the leak and clean it it should stop... pretty much killing 2 birds with one stone

mikerabik
115

your best bet is to go to www.markVIII .org and you will find the answer to any question!!!