i own a 1997 lincoln mark 8 lsc. Everytime i turn the car off it starts smoking like crazy inside the engine compartment but my heat gauge wont go up..

Chris Dumont
145

Asked by Chris Jul 04, 2012 at 10:44 AM about the 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII 2 Dr LSC Coupe

i know its not a over heating problem but i do have a very small oil leak and a exhaust leak from near my manifold. i just want to know what it would be?

Muhammad Zaid
825

i could be the exhaust smoke because when u turn of the car the exhaust smoke inside the exhaust system blows out very slowly is running condition it is being pushed out by the exhaust coming from the cylinders ! but if u see fumes as well that could be the leaking oil burning !

Chris Dumont
145

yeah because i am having a small oil leak on the oil pan which is near the exhaust itself so i am hoping if i seal the leak and clean it it should stop... pretty much killing 2 birds with one stone

mikerabik
85

your best bet is to go to www.markVIII .org and you will find the answer to any question!!!