history of reliability

Matt Wride
0

Asked by Matt Jul 05, 2010 at 07:37 PM about the 2005 Audi S4 4 Dr quattro AWD Sedan

How reliable are these cars after 55,000
miles?

How much is the average maintenance
costs for these?

David Gross
885

really? 55k? this is a 2005 you're talking about, not a 1977. 55k is just broken in these days, so as far as reliability goes, yes it is going to be reliable. but you have to take care of it. that 4.2 motor will last forever if maintained properly but you do have to realize that this is a $60,000 car we're talking about. parts aren't cheap. any motor work needed to be done are either going to run you a pretty penny or cost you a lot of grief doing it yourself.. there isn't much room under that hood. getting your timing belts done is going to be high priced. any suspension work needed to be done isn't going to be super expensive but.. this is a $60,000 car... people are going to over charge you. don't take it to a dealer to fix. find a reliable volkswagen shop nearby and go with them. is it going to be worth it? Yes. it is going to be the best, most fun, favorite car you've ever driven... every time you get behind the wheel.