We have a 1998 Dodge Van 1500 that was running fine and just cut off. It won't start back. It will turn over but will not run. We replaced the timing belt but still have the same problem. HELP

Asked by WendyO Jul 26, 2013 at 08:54 PM about the 1998 Dodge Ram Van 3 Dr 1500 Cargo Van Extended

Have you looked at the ignition...are you getting spark? we could start by checking power at the coil(s)~ a sparkplug....the ignition switch....for power there....will look into a relay that may cause a fuss....now~

no relay, but the ignition sensor keeps comin' up~....you may look into that one not providing a reliable signal to the ECU~ GET A new battery...this will make your electrical system happy...and clean the connection from the big hunkin 1/0 cable to it's location on the chassis/ground....cannot stress the importance of having THIS connection which sees 300 cold cranking amps and also the delicate power to the ECU and dashboard....this is the HEART of your electrical system and things will come back to normal once this electricity is pure~

If all the above checks out. I would check your egr valve. If it sticking open it could cause a no start when warm condition.

WendoO has abandoned ship...taking the last lifeboat!~

We are gonna do all this today. Thanks for the help. I will let you know if it works.