no fuel pump and no spark on 1994 3/4 dodge with 3.9l v6 engine. is the computor defective,or is there a fusible link that feeds the computor

joedirt62
20

Asked by Feb 10, 2013 at 06:04 PM about the 1994 Dodge Ram Van 3 Dr B250 Cargo Van

no spark,no fuel,hook power to fuel pump it pumps but still no spark! any suggestions besides trading it for a horse and then shooting the horse?

...of all the tarnation and taxes, did you know about the "safety fuel cutoff" that shuts down fuel and possibly spark too (on a dodge, don't know would have to referece). This happens when someone taps the front bumper goes into a tizzy and immediately shuts off all power to fuel systems and possibly electrical too. There is a reset button on these, on fords it's the driver's kick panel, GMs are behind the rear passenger near the floor. Dodge do not know yet, stick with me, we will find out together-

so far like blood from a stone...apparently this may be a unique condition.

Curtis Baggett
685

Sounds like could be a cam shaft issue. Did you replace any parts recently? What happend, just do this out of no where or was something different then normal going on?

...and the answer is? c'mon fellow associates, I'm brand new to this problem and it SOUNDS like an emergency shut off that can be fixed with a button...now who's gonna tell me this on a 000ge?

94 2500 v10 4x4 2nd Generation Rams. ... pressed and held the reset button under the dash and got the hoped for result, the starter clicked as ...

found this bit, could there be a proverbial 'reset button under the dash?'? not applicable to us, this thread isn't but we are grasping at straws here...don't know where my buddy came up with camshaft? apparently there is information not privvy to.

7jimmy7
16,725

you could be right bob, ford had them things on everything ,dodge i dont know or is that a fed. thing? if so yeah hell yeah,

gotta be 7jimmy7! what else could make a man want to shoot his horse? no spark no fuel no hope has to be a winner if only imagined.

7jimmy7
16,725

a G spot no doubt,

Curtis Baggett
685

Very hopeful, but what is the root cause of the issue? Why did it fail? What was the issues leading up to the not start? Could be a fuse, sure. Could be a magical button. You could try the good ol' shade tree trick of unhooking the batteries for 5 minutes. Do you have an obd2?

Curtis Baggett
685

I am sure you have already tried the ASD relay. (automatic shutdown relay)

tap the bumper when parallel parking and the thing trips...leaving NO evidence. This is what we are counting on if our boy joedirt62 ever comes out of the tavern~

Me...have tried nothing....joedirt62 has bailed on us leaving us all in a less than dignified position.....did you try their pale ale, btw????LOL

joedirt62
20

i haven't baled,i was out looking for that magic button,running back and forth between van and here! NOpale ale involved!!

shoot. I feel better now. hope you find it. bring your maglite!

Curtis Baggett
685

I would grab a pale ale, it seems to help. With the stress of car issues.

Where are tenspeed and Dave, regal and 7jimmy? been diggin' on Google, but don't really have my arms around this elephant. kinda feel hung out to dry by you guys. Damn.

joedirt62
20

well thanks guys ithink i will leave it until daylight, getting kinda cold here now!i I'm just about ready to drop a point distributor in it! but try and find one for it! it was a $600 van when i bought it 3yrs ago and i got $1000 worth of shelving out of it so i think it's time to send it to china as scrap price is up rt now!!!

where is this shutdown relay curtis? that's what we're on about. nothing I can put a paw to has any useable info pertaining to this truck-....help!

Hope we looked at the "master fuse" or "mega fuse" or which one is responsible for master control....blows when the thing is jumped backwards accidentally~

Vehicle is sent to China because of our inability to get 'er movin' again...carguru crime...this is....cannot feel partially responsible for my inability to put a paw on the problem....got an PM to Dave....hope it's not too late~

ESSSO
60

THE SHUT DOWN RELAY IS LOCATED ON THE LEFT FENDER--ALSO SHUTS DOWN IGNITION SYSTEM--PART REPLACE COST IS ABOUT $15--THE DAMM THING SHUTS EVERYTHING DOWN---WORTH CARRYING A SPARE.

Passenger side kick panel~ found out 2 days ago~

interestingly enough the Hyundai don't have no inertial switch....mr. chin is trapped in a high pressure fireball on that one~

dickinsonaveauto
10

the auto shutdown (ASD) Relay is located in the engine compartment near the 50-WAY bulkhead connecter.

dickinsonaveauto
10

on the firewall right beside the battary

Heather Underhill
70

I know I'm super late but I owned a lot of dodges it's the pick up coil under the cap in a distributor very cheap fixif anybody actually sees this please give me a call I know a lot about all different kinds of vehicles and sensors what they do.pswhen you loose spark you also lose fuel everytime

Katie2624
0

Heather if you still get on this please get ahold of me I have a few question on my 1994 dodge ram van!