My 2003 pt cruiser wont start!!!! HELP

agd2005
0

Asked by Jan 07, 2013 at 04:11 PM about the 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser Base

My 2003 pt cruiser lost its gas pedal yesterday... We were driving down the road and the check engine light came on then i noticed the gas pedal stoped working i pulled over and shut car off and then couldnt get it to start again !!!!! all the fluids are good and belts are good and there is pressure to the filters..... I need someone to please give me some suggestions please and thank you....

Steven Hood
805

First thing you need to do whenever the Check Engine light comes on is to check the code. You can either use a code reader (I bought one from Amazon.com for less than $15.00) or you can put the key in the ignition and turn the car on and off three times. The third time you leave it on and the codes will flash on the odometer screen. After you get the code(s), you can look up on the Internet (just Google PT Cruiser code P****) to see what each code means. Then you can go from there to see what is going on with your PT Cruiser.

12,475

get the codes read at any local autozone or advanced auto parts. Check your throttle linkage, something may have happened to it. Becasue SOMETHING should happen if you press the gas pedal.

David Scott
645

There probably is no throttle linkage the car is most likely drive by wire and one of the electronic components is bad either at the pedal or throttle body

ptkilbo
495

This model year is a mechanical throttle.