I have a 1994 Chrysler new yorker and the fuel gauge will not show a true reading one minute it is on full then warning light comes on and gauge drops to empty this is with £50 worth of petrol in it a

GarryGregory
0

Asked by GarryGregory Jan 19, 2014 at 05:52 PM about the 1993 Chrysler New Yorker Salon

1994 New Yorker 3.5 Fuel gage keeps going from full to empty then back to full and fuel warning light keeps coming on and thats with £50 pounds worth of petrol in tank and what should I get to the gallon

45,475

Sounds like your fuel sending unit in the tank needs replaced. I have a work truck that I have to shake every couple of days just to get the fuel gauge to read properly. It's doing the same as yours.

3,790

The fuel sending unit inside of the gas tank has failed. The float may have rusted off or the wires may have corrodid. Ebay would be your best bet for an affordable replacement. They run about $70. The MPG should be 16 city, 24 highway. Your average should be 19 mpg.

Best Answer
tommcmanis
3,425

Sender wires are broken replace sender unit