I have CD's stuck in the palyer. How do i open the player to get at them?

Joebags
25

Asked by Joebags Jan 19, 2008 at 11:50 AM about the 2002 Ford Escape XLT

23,585

Only way I know to do this is take the player to a Ford dealer, they will send it to be rebuilt and the co. will return the CD's to you when they take yours apart. Unless you pry/break it open.

70Duster
330

Try electrical reset. Pull the owner's manual out & look up fuse box chart to identify one(s) that affect your radio/cd changer. Once identified, pull out the fuse(s) and reinsert. I have 2002 SportTrac. CD changer would not play or eject - just constant "cd error" msg. Turned key to ACC setting & turned on radio. Opened fuse box & pulled both relevant fuses. Radio quit. Turned key fully off & then re-inserted both fuses. Turned key back to ACC, turned on unit & then ejected all 6 cds that had been stuck inside for 3 months. Didn't even lose radio presets.

NRCalifornia
10

I followed CDDuster's advice and the CD reset itself and is playing again. I found only one fuse- #12 5 amp fuse in my 2002 Ford Escape. Thanks for the help! August 7, 2012 NRCalifornia