what size camper can i pull with my chevrolet (99) silverado ext cab 5.3 liter engine with the towing package

grammypebbles
0

Asked by grammypebbles Apr 15, 2012 at 10:37 PM about the 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 3 Dr STD Extended Cab LB

Richard Schroer
2,625

the weight of trailer and stuff inside should not exceed 8500 lbs. if you have the 3.73 rearend (look inside the glovebox for the code tag- it will be white or silver with a black strip across the top- the codes are in alphabetical order- the code GT4 is a 3.73 rearend- if it is GU6 then it is a 3.42 rearend and then the total would be lower) If it is a long trailer then you may want to consider attaching the bars from the trailer to the truck too to make sure you don't get trailer sway in the wind. I hope this helps.