Van goes into Limp mode

tlatino
5

Asked by tlatino Mar 15, 2012 at 06:59 PM about the 2000 Chevrolet Express Cargo 3 Dr G3500 Cargo Van

2000  chev express van 3500 Heres my problem the van goes into Limp mode when I'm driving it loses all power but does not stall. i need to turn it off for 15 seconds restart wait another 10 seconds then it will drive but it will happen again and again

there was a code for the oxygen sensors so i replaced them

i put in new plugs,new air filter, new fuel filter

PLEASE what do i do besides sell it

Steven Benton
415

try reading the codes again. there are numerous things that can cause this issue.

Rob Cox
10

I am having the same problem. I have replaced the entire ignition system, plugs wires etc. Just put in a new MAP sensor and new fuel filter and does the same thing. Seems to get worse when I am going up hill.

Seth Pennington
75

Could possibly be a failing pcm, Just because it had o2 sensor codes does not mean the sensors are bad. A bad pcm can cause a false code.