How to change lower ball joint and control arm on a 1994 G30 van?

Fishingman
0

Asked by Fishingman Sep 09, 2012 at 01:37 AM about the 1994 Chevrolet Chevy Van 3 Dr G30 Cargo Van

Bad lower ball joint. Was told it might be easier to replace the control arm with the ball
joint already pressed in. It is on a 1994 G30 camper with dual wheels on the rear.

Rubie
695

Unfortunately, if you need a ball joint, you need a ball joint. If you try to get around a proper repair, you will just throw good money after bad. Try to negotiate a better price with the mechanic or shop around for a mechanic who can give you the best deal, if they are reliable.

Bill Clarke
155

unless the control arm is very rusted or damaged in some other way it is definately easier to just replace the ball joint.It is a bit of a job so use a good quality joint so you dont have to do it again in a couple months.