Windshield wiper marks

pwojo1
25

Asked by pwojo1 Jan 10, 2010 at 12:35 PM about the 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible

I recently bought an 06 corvette. The front windshield shows a film or tracks from the wipers. Its kinda hazey but is the outline of the wipers. I tried IVORY LIQUID soap and a razor blade, but that didn't remove the wiper blade tracks/film. The wiper tracks are showing from the inside/outside when the sun hits the windshield. Any suggestion? thanks Paul  

jml12345
1,115

only 2 things i could of: bad wipers, and a grooved window from the wipers, but first try multipurpose cleaner with the blade. that works better then regular soap.

jml12345
1,115

only 2 things i could think of, correction to my last post.

Phil Whicker
15

You might have to buff the marks out of the glass. Use your fingernail and see if you can feel the mark. If you feel a groove it can not be removed, if you do not feel a groove try using some Laquor thinner first to remove the mark followed by some wax/cleaner. If this does not remove it then get a buffer (foam pad) and some VERY light abrasive compound and it will remove the mark.

Phoenix_86_guardian
5

Paint thinner if it is on the surface of the glass but I recommend covering the car as it will strip the paint be very careful and do not I repeat do not push on the glass, buff lightly!